Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Woman's Day magazine, this recipe is a favorite in my family! Elegant enough for company and easy enough for anytime! Toddler-friendly too - my 2 year old gobbles this up!
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 1 bunch about 1 lb asparagus, woody ends snapped off, spears cut in 2-in . lengths
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces raw deveined peeled medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- thinly sliced white and green part scallion
- 3⁄4 cup bottled alfredo sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, drained, juice reserved
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, adding asparagus 6 minutes before pasta will be done.
- Meanwhile heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add sherry and white part of scallions to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced by half. Add Alfredo sauce and reserved juice from tomatoes; stir until blended and hot.
- Drain pasta and asparagus; return to pot. Add Sauce, shrimp and tomatoes; toss to mix and coat. Sprinkle with green part of scallions.