Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 chili peppers, seeds & membranes removed,chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in skillet, add chile peppers and cook over medium heat for 4- 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp, and season with garlic pepper.
- Continue cooking until shrimp is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Add the tomatoes, heavy cream and salt to mixture in skillet, and cook until it thickens slightly, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain linguine.
- Serve shrimp mixture over pasta, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This was pretty good. The only change I made was to use Romano instead of Parmesan Cheese. That's a regional thing as people in my area more often than not use Romano and not Parmesan on pasta dishes. I like the cream sauce and the seaoning combination including the chili pepper as I like hot spicy food. I think though if I make this again I will leave out the chopped tomato. I just don't care for tomato piecs in a cream sauce, but I'm sure others might like tomatoes.
I tried this recipe while housesitting, alone, on a 109 degree day! The basic recipe was good, but when I added the cooked the chile I also added fresh garlic and thick cut zuccini. I saved the tomato for garnish along with some green onions. It was beautiful as well as delicious!!