- 8 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) bagswhite albacore tuna in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pan. Add reserved 2 tablespoons cooking liquid, onion, and remaining ingredients; toss well.