Recipe by Judith N.
A great homey pasta dish! Recipe compliments of Fast Expert, Amy Tornquist of Food & Wine magazine.
Top Review by klr2116
DELICIOUS recipe! :) I actually made this from the Food and Wine 2007 cookbook and came on zaar to see if someone had already posted it yet to be sure it was shared with everyone here. For a quick, easy, and extremely delicious dinner don't miss giving this one a try!
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 lb county ham or 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dill
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions until al dente. Drain the shells, return them to the pot and toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the peas and ham and cook until the peas are hot and the ham in lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and stock and simmer over moderate heat until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the cream sauce into the shells. Add the parmesan and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste.