Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, tasty pasta dish that is low fat and a good source of vitamin C and folic acid too.
Make and share this Pasta Shells With Broccoli & Anchovies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 14 ounces pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 ounces anchovies packed in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large red chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 lemon
- parmesan cheese, shavings, to serve
- Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Cook the pasta in the same water as the broccoli according to pack instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then fry garlic until lightly golden. Remove garlic, then set aside. Add anchovies, chili and half a cup of pasta cooking water to the pan.
- Cook for 2 mins, until the liquid has reduced by half and the anchovies have broken down. Stir in the broccoli and a squeeze of lemon juice, then cook for 1 min, until the broccoli has warmed through.
- Drain the pasta then toss everything together. Serve scattered with parmesan.
I'm not sure what it is with this recipe... I love pasta. I like anchovies. And I like broccoli. I just didn't like them all together. My husband liked it, but I couldn't finish mine. It was too fishy and salty.
Delicious, easy, and healthy! What a winner! Thanks for sharing.
Why did it take me to my late 50s to realize that the secret of anchovies is not as a topping, rather dissolved into a sauce? Think of all the years I've wasted! My first experiment was with arugula (fabulous -- see my review), but with broccoli and shaved parm runs an awfully close second. And now on to cauliflower!