From Weight Watchers Simply Delicious. Per 1 1/2 c. serving: 413 calories, 7 g fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 68 g carb, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein. 8 points.
- 3 cups small shell pasta
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage or 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add in the sausage; brown the sausage, breaking it apart with a spoon; drain browned sausage on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add garlic and sage to the same skillet; stir/saute for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in the beans, spinach, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until the spinach is just tender.
- Add in drained pasta, sausage, salt, and pepper; simmer until well heated; adjust seasoning to taste.