Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful, baked pasta dish, with lots of cheese, and savory red sauce.
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan-romano cheese mix, blend
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 16 large dried pasta shells, cooked
- Process tomatoes in container of an electric blender or food procesor until smooth.
- Pour pureed tomatoes into a Dutch oven; stir in mushroom stems and pieces and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into a lightly grease 1x7 inch baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, and next 9 ingredients.
- Stuff shells evenly with cheese mixture; arrange over mushroom mixture in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.