Recipe by Mary in LA.
Green peppers and tomatoes spooned over the top give this easy to prepare macaroni and cheese fresh homemade taste.
- 1 (1 lb) package medium pasta shell
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb process American cheese, shredded
- fresh oregano or fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet saute peppers in butter for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar,salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese until melted.
- Spoon into bowls; top with tomato mixture.
- Garish with oregano or basil or both if desired.