Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite spring and summertime dish.
- 2 cups pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup boiled shrimp, cold (can substitute cooked ham)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced green and red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup blend olive oil and vegetable oil (depending on taste and strength of olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Place the cooked and cooled pasta in a bowl and toss with tomato and shrimp or ham.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar and Dijon mustard. Add shallots, garlic, celery, carrot, red and green bell peppers. Stir well then add the olive/vegetable oil blend in a thin stream, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in parsley, basil, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the sauce into the pasta mixture and blend well. Refrigerate until ready to serve, but let sit 20 - 30 minutes at room temperature until ready to serve.
The lady cows and I got together, put our heads together, and gave this a unanimous 10 star applause! Oh so easy, oh so good, and oh so fresh! Full of goodness, a real slice of life! I followed this exactly, with no tidbit left behind. I used medium sized shells, and 21-40's shrimpers. Now, where is that dang fork?
This was delicious! We loved it. My little girl gave this 5 stars and said "It's great!" so I'll be making this again. Unfortunately, I had to leave out the peppers and celery because my little girl won't touch anything with those in there. Personally, I think it would be better with them but I have to do what I have to do to make everyone happy. Thanks, GailAnn!
This is another winner from gailanng! I used small pasta shells and salad-size shrimp. The vinaigrette was mild, yet tasty and the vegetables gave it a nice crunch. This is also very easy to put together, so I will be making this again. Made for Everyday's a Holiday Tag Game.