1/1 Photo of Pasta Served With Avocado Sauce With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is a lovely, creamy sauce and the sundried tomatoes break up the avocado flavour nicely. This recipe responds well to adjusting the proportions to taste. The weight for the sundried tomatoes is their dehydrated weight- I use about half a pack. If using smaller avocados, I find 4 works best to make the sauce thick enough. To make this dish vegetarian, use a vegetable stock cube instead of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and set aside.
- 2Halve the avocados and remove the pits and peel. Coarsely chop the flesh.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add the cream and chopped avocados. Increase the heat (but don't let the cream boil), stirring constantly and breaking up the avocado flesh with a spoon or fork. Crumble in the stock cube for flavour.
- 5Meanwhile, set the pasta to cook as per instructions (if using dried pasta, start boiling it earlier).
- 6When the avocado has blended in, add the sundried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper if preferred.
- 7When cooked and drained, divide the pasta among four bowls and spoon the sauce over the top.
- 8Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Served With Avocado Sauce With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.6
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 220.4 mg
- Sodium 625.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.9 g