1/5 Photos of Pasta Seafood Salad
This recipe is adapted from a Silver Palate cookbook; the main difference is that I took out the squid rings! I've been making it for 20 years. It's a delicious spring or summer dinner, and is a pretty company dish. Serve with a lettuce & tomato salad, and a loaf of crusty bread - sublime! It's easy to make, and is quick unless you have to shell the shrimp. You can use any type of pasta, but the small shells are best because when the salad gets mixed together, the peas nestle into the shells and look very cute!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallop, rinsed
- 1/2 lb small shell pasta (or another interesting shape such as twists)
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Greek olive
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, drop in the shrimp and scallops, cook for one minute, and drain immediately.
- 2Bring another large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as directed on the package, until tender but not mushy. Drain.
- 3Toss the cooked pasta and seafood in a large bowl (make sure they are both well drained).
- 4Add the peas (no need to cook them), red pepper, and onion, and toss.
- 5Place dressing ingredients (olive oil, basil leaves, lemon juice, salt, and pepper) in a food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade. Process until basil is very fine. Pour over the pasta/seafood mixture and mix well. Taste and add salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice as necessary.
- 6Place the salad in a serving bowl or mound it on a platter. Scatter with greek olives.
- 7Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Salad tastes better when at room temperature, so if refrigerating until later, be sure to take it out of the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 653.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.9 g