Recipe by Momma Dukes
I was hungry, and this was in the pantry. I was well pleased with the results. This is healthy, light and easy. I would have added 1 T of fresh basil and/or oregano if it had been on hand. Be careful to just heat the tuna, not to cook it or the texture will become tough. I used Kirkland solid white tuna (my favorite) but would have used Italian solid light tuna or tonno packed in olive oil if I had had it
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- While water and pasta is boiling.
- Chop onion and garlic and sautee with olive oil in sauce pan until translucent.
- Add tomatos, sugar, with salt, pepper and pepper flakes to taste.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Capers and Olives simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Flake the tuna then add to the sauce and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over pasta with parmesean cheese.