Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this soup recently it's delicious! You can make this in a crock pot but you will have to brown the meat with veggies firstly in a skillet. Double the recipe if desired. The ground beef can be made ahead of time, if you have freezer-ready ground beef, even easier! Feel free to adjust ALL ingredients to suit taste. You can really use any kind of pasta that you like for this, I prefer spaghetti, for a thicker soup decrease the water.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large celery, chopped
- 1 -2 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (can use homemade)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- seasoning salt
- red pepper flakes (I use about 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes) or Tabasco sauce (I use about 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 4 ounces spaghetti (cooked, can use the thinner spaghetti for this also, broken into pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef, onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic over medium heat until veggies are tender and meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in water, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar and seasonings; bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 45 minutes (can simmer less time or longer if desired).
- Add in the the Parmesan cheese the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Add in the cooked pasta before serving and heat through.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired).
I am sorry, Kittencal...but this didn't work for us! To me, it was just watered down spaghetti sauce.
Easy to make and I made it lower fat by using ground turkey. I used 1 1/2 C water and it was still pretty thick. Chopped all the veggies in the food processor and used my homemade spag. sauce. Very nice soup for a cold winter night! What kid wouldn't like spaghetti soup? :)
We loved this soup!!Our dd&dgds came up for a visit and they loved it. Made recipe as stated,I will make again&again,thanks.