- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black olives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-3 qt saucepan over medium high heat heat the oil until it almost smokes, about 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully add the tomatoes, olives and garlic.
- cook stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the salt, honey parsley, pepper, and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered for 30 minutes.