Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can large tomato paste (I didn't realize this was an ingredient)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano leaves
- 1 cup zucchini, cut in pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a 4 to 5 quart pan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, basil, tarragon, fennel and oregano in oil, stirring often until onion is limp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms are limp, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar to pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Use hot. Makes about 7 cups.
- Pasta Sauce: 2 Tbsp.
- butter or margarine 2 Tbsp.
- all-purpose flour 1 tsp.
- McKay's instant chicken seasoning 1 cup milk 2 to 3 Tbsp.
- grated Parmesan cheese In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat. Blend in flour and seasoning.
- Add milk, stirring constantly and cook over medium heat until sauce is moderately thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Makes approximately 1 cup sauce.