Recipe by ChipotleChick
From Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Three quick and easy sauces that are based on the first. She says it's enough sauce for up to 1 1/2 lbs of pasta.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 20 leaves fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Basilico:.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. When garlic starts to make noise, add tomatoes and heat through. Add basil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until desired pasta has been cooked and drained, then serve with it.
- For the Marinara:.
- Follow the instructions for the Basilico, adding the black pepper and herbs when you add the basil.
- For the Arribiatta:.
- Follow the instructions for the Basilico, adding the red pepper flakes with the garlic when first heating the olive oil.