1/6 Photos of Pasta Sauce #1
1 hr 5 mins
This is the best pasta sauce you will ever have. I guarantee it. It is not to sweet, not to spicy, not to acidic. It's just darn good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of a robust extra virgin olive oil (it does make a difference)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (24 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1On your cutting board, chop and smash the garlic into a paste with the salt.
- 2Heat a large saucepan with the oil in it over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook for about 8 minutes or until the onions are all brown.
- 4Add the chicken broth to the pan and scrape the bottom to get all the"flavor" bits off of it.
- 5Crush the tomatoes into the pan using your hand (it's a little gross, but it will give the sauce texture like you've never seen).
- 6Add the tomato paste and all of the seasonings except the parsley and basil.
- 7Stir to combined.
- 8Bring to a soft boil, turn the heat to low, and cover.
- 9Let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stir occasionally.
- 10Add the parsley and basil.
- 11Serve over pasta, rice, pizza, anything.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Sauce #1
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 900.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g