Jomar Ereso's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box spaghetti or 1 (1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box linguine (approx.)
- 1 (12 -18 ounce) bottle satay sauce or 1 (12 -18 ounce) bottle sesame dipping sauce, for shabu-shabu
- 1/4 lb fresh bean sprout
- 1/4 lb watercress (can also use spinach as a sub or add on)
- 1/4 lb snow peas
- 1/4 bok choy
- 1 head garlic
- 1 big yellow onion
- 2 chicken thighs, if desired
- fish sauce
- cilantro leaf
- sesame oil
- 1Brown chicken (with or without skin) in olive oil or peanut oil.
- 2Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- 3Cook pasta until al dente, drain, run under cool water, set aside and coat with olive or peanut oil well.
- 4Wash all veggies well.
- 5Separate bok choy into pieces and cut leaves and stems and set aside in two separate bunches.
- 6Chop watercress into half the length and set aside.
- 7Finely chop garlic and onions and saute till garlic turns color and onions become translucent Add the bok choy stalks and watercress and saute lightly.
- 8When watercress leaves start to wilt, add the bok choy leaves and sprouts.
- 9Saute lightly and mix well.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Shred the chicken into the mix and saute until veggies are half done.
- 12Pour entire bottle of sate sauce to coat well (if you like a thick rich sauce use another 1/2 bottle of sate).
- 13Add dash of sesame oil and simmer over very low flame.
- 14Correct seasoning with fish sauce.
- 15After 15 minutes add the pasta and toss well.
- 16Garnish with cilantro on serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Sate
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1181.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 198.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 54.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: