Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Pasta Sate recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) box spaghetti or 1 (1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box linguine (approx.)
- 1 (12 -18 ounce) bottle satay sauce or 1 (12 -18 ounce) bottle sesame dipping sauce, for shabu-shabu
- 1⁄4 lb fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄4 lb watercress (can also use spinach as a sub or add on)
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 1⁄4 bok choy
- 1 head garlic
- 1 big yellow onion
- 2 chicken thighs, if desired
- fish sauce
- cilantro leaf
- sesame oil
- Brown chicken (with or without skin) in olive oil or peanut oil.
- Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain, run under cool water, set aside and coat with olive or peanut oil well.
- Wash all veggies well.
- Separate bok choy into pieces and cut leaves and stems and set aside in two separate bunches.
- Chop watercress into half the length and set aside.
- Finely chop garlic and onions and saute till garlic turns color and onions become translucent Add the bok choy stalks and watercress and saute lightly.
- When watercress leaves start to wilt, add the bok choy leaves and sprouts.
- Saute lightly and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the chicken into the mix and saute until veggies are half done.
- Pour entire bottle of sate sauce to coat well (if you like a thick rich sauce use another 1/2 bottle of sate).
- Add dash of sesame oil and simmer over very low flame.
- Correct seasoning with fish sauce.
- After 15 minutes add the pasta and toss well.
- Garnish with cilantro on serving.