Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Ricardo that I made today for DH and DS. For DS I used cubed cheddar and DH feta cheese.
- 375 g fusilli
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I used a large tomato, chopped)
- the kernels of 2 cooked ears corn (2 cups)
- 1 cup feta cheese, diced (see note) or 1 cup pearl bocconcini (see note)
- 7 ounces flaked light tuna, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Let cool in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Variation: For a salad that could appeal to more kids, use bocconcini cheese, and in the grown-up version, use feta cheese.
A beautiful and hearty pasta salad with a delicate dressing that is the perfect light touch. I made this almost exactly as posted, except I used 16 oz. fusilli, grape tomatoes, 2 cups of frozen corn kernels (fresh is not in season here), 2 cans of tuna, the juice of 2 limes, and 6 T. olive oil. I also used the feta cheese, which I sort of slivered. I also used a combination of chopped basil and parsley. The flavors blended very well together, and the lime juice was a particularly nice touch. I think, in the future, I may blend the juice and oil together first before pouring into the salad, but that's probably the only thing I'd change. The end result was a rather hearty pasta salad that was a nice change of pace. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I really enjoyed this for lunch today. I didn't have fusilli so used garden rotini (tri-colored) and a mixture of yellow pear tomatoes and a red tomato from my garden. I used the feta cheese which was good. It was simple to make and tasted great. Thanks for sharing, Boomie. Made for Photo Tag.