Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
In ' The Working Cook' by Tara Duggan
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained and broken into pieces
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained (canned or freshly cooked)
- Bring a bit pot of salted water to a boil; add in pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente; adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain the pasta and peas, then rinse briefly to cool; set aside in a colander to drain completely.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, broth, 2 tablespoons chopped mint, parsley, and shallots in a big bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form and emulsified vinaigrette.
- Add the pasta and peas to the vinaigrette along with the tuna and chickpeas.
- Toss well; season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Before serving, add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir in the sliced mint.