Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a great tasting salad! Sometimes you just gotta give that old potato salad a rest and go for something different! Give this a try. It will either be great to get back to your old recipe, or become another one of your favorites. Kidding aside, this is really good!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 3 ears) or 1 1⁄2 cups thawed frozen corn
- 1 1⁄4 lbs plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta, freshly cooked
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, basil and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoons oil in heavy, large skillet over med. heat.
- Add corn; saute` 3 minutes.
- Add corn to dressing in bowl.
- Add tomatoes, pasta and cheese to bowl and toss to blend.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.