Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a delicious, healthy salad with steak, tomatoes, spinach, green onion, cheese tortellini, and black olives. It can easily be halved. Also, a great way to use up leftover steak! The 2 hour cook time is cooling time.
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packagesdried cheese tortellini
- 2 lbs steak, grilled, cooled and sliced into small cubes
- 1 oranges or 1 red bell pepper, rinsed and sliced into short strips
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 4 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and torn
- 2 cups pitted black olives
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 14 ounces newman's own light balsamic vinaigrette or 14 ounces any other balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook to tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Put back in the pot and add 1/2 the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place spinach, tomatoes, olives (drained if using canned), green onion, and steak. Toss with the other half of the vinaigrette, and add tortellini to the bowl.
- Chill 2-4 hours, stir and serve!