Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ripe plum tomatoes and aromatic basil accent fresh shrimp. Any short, small pasta works as well as seashell pasta. This recipe comes from Cooking Light magazine.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 4 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
This was quick, easy, & refreshing! I did use roasted garlic just because I had it! And I had to add more rosemary infused olive oil to iy before serving! Topped it off with toasted pine nut!
Wonderful, easy recipe. I found this recipe from a clipping I had of the magazine. I wish I had read the previous comments, because I too thought that it needed more garlic. Perfect for summer barbecueing when you don't want to do alot of cooking.
Very pretty salad, this was one of the salads I made for our Christmas dinner. Enjoyed by all.