Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from my CSA newsletter. It is wonderful with fresh farm veggies in season.
Make and share this Pasta Salad With Roasted Tomatoes and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 small green pepper, quartered, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup dried macaroni or 1 cup other pastas
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- Preheat oven to 200. Place tomatoes and peppers, cut side down on a baking rack set onto a baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until skins are easily removed.
- Spray or brush vegetables with olive oil and continue to roast until tomatoes become a dark red color, about 2 hours. Remove from oven and chop into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta. Place into a mixing bowl. Add the onions, tomatoes and peppers, toss to combine.
- Mix together the vinegar, mustard, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk to combine. Pour over the pasta, add the cheese and toss again. Serve at room temperature.
Oh my goodness was this ever scrumptious! I wouldn't change anything about it. Even the anemic tomatoes couldn't bring this down. This is headed straight for my Best of 2014 cookbook. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2014.