Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from my CSA newsletter. It is wonderful with fresh farm veggies in season.
Make and share this Pasta Salad With Roasted Tomatoes and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 small green pepper, quartered, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup dried macaroni or 1 cup other pastas
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- Preheat oven to 200. Place tomatoes and peppers, cut side down on a baking rack set onto a baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until skins are easily removed.
- Spray or brush vegetables with olive oil and continue to roast until tomatoes become a dark red color, about 2 hours. Remove from oven and chop into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta. Place into a mixing bowl. Add the onions, tomatoes and peppers, toss to combine.
- Mix together the vinegar, mustard, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk to combine. Pour over the pasta, add the cheese and toss again. Serve at room temperature.