2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from my CSA newsletter. It is wonderful with fresh farm veggies in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 small green pepper, quartered, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup dried macaroni or 1 cup other pastas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- 1Preheat oven to 200. Place tomatoes and peppers, cut side down on a baking rack set onto a baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until skins are easily removed.
- 2Spray or brush vegetables with olive oil and continue to roast until tomatoes become a dark red color, about 2 hours. Remove from oven and chop into small pieces.
- 3Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta. Place into a mixing bowl. Add the onions, tomatoes and peppers, toss to combine.
- 4Mix together the vinegar, mustard, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk to combine. Pour over the pasta, add the cheese and toss again. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Roasted Tomatoes and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g