Recipe by L DJ
Good for a lazy summer day picnic. Prep/cooking time unknown
Top Review by jnpj
This salad was delicious! I did make a few pretty big changes out of necessity. I figured I would still go ahead and give this salad a review even with my changes, because I think it is the sort of salad that is very adaptable and comes out great regardless. I used garlic powder and dried basil rather than the fresh varieties. For the frozen mixed vegetables, I used frozen peas. I also doubled the amount of pasta relative to all of the other ingredients. It is a delicious salad that tastes exactly like something you would get in a deli or nice sandwich shop. I love the dressing; it's got loads of flavor, and is just a bit tart. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup tri-colored pasta
- 1⁄2 cup diced provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine garlic, salt, oil, vinegar, and herbs, set aside.
- Cook pasta until just tender, remove from water to large bowl.
- Add cheese, green pepper and vegetables to pasta, pour dressing over and toss to coat all.
- Chill 1 hour tossing occasionally to distribute flavor.