This salad is best served the day it is made; if it's been refrigerated, bring it to room temperature before serving. The pesto can be made a day ahead--just cook the garlic cloves in a small saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Garnish with additional shaved or grated Parmesan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, about 1 ounce (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional) or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil in large pot. Toast.
- 2pine nuts in small dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, until just golden and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3When water is boiling, add garlic and let cook 1 minute. Remove.
- 4garlic with slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop cooking;.
- 5set aside to cool. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to water, stir.
- 6to separate, and cook until tender (just past al dente). Reserve ¼.
- 7cup cooking water, drain pasta, toss with 1 tablespoon oil, spread in.
- 8single layer on rimmed baking sheet, and cool to room temperature,.
- 9about 30 minutes.
- 10When garlic is cool, peel and mince or press through garlic.
- 11press. Place ¼ cup nuts, garlic, basil, spinach, pepper, lemon.
- 12juice, remaining ¼ cup oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in.
- 13bowl of food processor and process until smooth, scraping sides of.
- 14bowl as necessary. Add cheese and mayonnaise and process until.
- 15thoroughly combined. Transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Cover.
- 16and refrigerate until ready to assemble salad.
- 17When pasta is cool, toss with pesto, adding reserved pasta water,.
- 181 tablespoon at a time, until pesto evenly coats pasta. Fold in remaining.
- 19½ cup nuts and tomatoes (if using); serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Pesto(ATK)
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 1338.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: