Recipe by RubyEveryday
Adapted from Barnes and Noble Vegetarian cookbook. Also great with lime juice instead of vinegar.
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 12 ounces whole wheat ziti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounces black beans
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 bunches scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers cut side down under broiler 10-15 minutes, until charred on top. Set aside to cool. (optional step).
- Boil pasta as directed.
- Mix together 2 Tb, oil (save 1 Tb. oil aside), vinegar, tomato, basil and thyme. Add warm pasta and mix to coat.
- If broiling peppers, remove skins and seeds, dice, and add to pasta mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pasta and stir well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.