Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Barnes and Noble Vegetarian cookbook. Also great with lime juice instead of vinegar.
Make and share this Pasta Salad With Peppers, Basil, and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 12 ounces whole wheat ziti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounces black beans
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 bunches scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place peppers cut side down under broiler 10-15 minutes, until charred on top. Set aside to cool. (optional step).
- Boil pasta as directed.
- Mix together 2 Tb, oil (save 1 Tb. oil aside), vinegar, tomato, basil and thyme. Add warm pasta and mix to coat.
- If broiling peppers, remove skins and seeds, dice, and add to pasta mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pasta and stir well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.