Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the absolute best pasta salad I've ever had. I got it on Celebrate With Style on the internet. I have made it many times for family and friends and it always gets eaten up. Leftovers (if any is left!) are even better.
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 8 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut in pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add 1 or 2 Tbs. vegetable oil to water, to keep pasta from sticking. Cook penne or rotini until cooked, but still firm, about 9 minutes. Rinse pasta under cool water to stop cooking, and drain.
- Combine bottled dressing with chopped parsley, chopped basil, dried Italian seasonings, and crushed red pepper.
- Pour dressing over cooked pasta and toss. Add pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, ripe olives. Toss gently. Add cheese and toss again. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until about 30 minutes before ready to serve.
We had this as a main dish, although it would be great as a side at a barbeque. The different bursts of flavour as you hit the cheese, salami, tomato and olives is fantastic.