Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
This is the absolute best pasta salad I've ever had. I got it on Celebrate With Style on the internet. I have made it many times for family and friends and it always gets eaten up. Leftovers (if any is left!) are even better.
Top Review by The Normans
We had this as a main dish, although it would be great as a side at a barbeque. The different bursts of flavour as you hit the cheese, salami, tomato and olives is fantastic.
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 8 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut in pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add 1 or 2 Tbs. vegetable oil to water, to keep pasta from sticking. Cook penne or rotini until cooked, but still firm, about 9 minutes. Rinse pasta under cool water to stop cooking, and drain.
- Combine bottled dressing with chopped parsley, chopped basil, dried Italian seasonings, and crushed red pepper.
- Pour dressing over cooked pasta and toss. Add pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, ripe olives. Toss gently. Add cheese and toss again. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until about 30 minutes before ready to serve.