Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful on a hot summer day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb pasta, small tubes or shells
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, (I use Fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup black olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 pickling cucumbers or 3 kirbie cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches fresh oregano, leaves only, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 1 gallon salted water to a rolling boil in a large stockpot.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and pasta, and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, shaking vigorously, and immediately transfer to an oiled cookie sheet or clean counter top to cool.
- When cool, transfer to a bowl, and toss with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss with pasta, adjust seasonings, and serve.