This is wonderful on a hot summer day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb pasta, small tubes or shells
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, (I use Fresh)
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 pickling cucumbers or 3 kirbie cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches fresh oregano, leaves only, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Bring 1 gallon salted water to a rolling boil in a large stockpot.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and pasta, and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3Drain in a colander, shaking vigorously, and immediately transfer to an oiled cookie sheet or clean counter top to cool.
- 4When cool, transfer to a bowl, and toss with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 5Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- 6Toss with pasta, adjust seasonings, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Olives and Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.3
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 2600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: