Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple salad that is very yummy. I've never had a complaint yet! Good for a side dish or even as a meal!
- 375 g rotini pasta
- 3⁄4 cup celery (2 sticks cut in half lengthwise and then chopped 1/4 inch or so)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup cheese, diced. I use old cheddar, but whatever cheddar you have on hand
- 1 -2 cup Miracle Whip, depending on how creamy you like it
- 1 large chopped dill pickle (or more if you like it)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or couple shakes)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or few shakes I like a lot of pepper)
- In a pot boil water and cook rotini. while you're cooking pasta.
- In a bowl combine celery, carrots,tomatoes and green onions.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, run cold water on it for a few min until it's cooled down; then add Miracle Whip or whipped dressing, sweet green relish, and mustard.
- Stir it up and then add paprika, salt, pepper.
- Stir it again.
- *You can add whatever vegetables you like--I would add green peppers and cucumbers myself as well.
I gave this 3 stars as an average. We had it for dinner tonight and the opinions varied from "bleh" to "ok" to "4 stars" But I have found that everyone has their own favorite when it comes to pasta or potato salad. Thank you for sharing yours.
I only had 454g boxes of pasta so I upped the miracle whip a touch. I don't like tomatoes so I dodn't use any and I'd reduce the relish to 1 tablespoon, it was a bit over-powering. I did enjoy the flavor though, I'm a sucker for pasta salad with miracle whip in it.