Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for my daughter's birthday cookout. Everyone loved it. LHJ, July '04
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces fresh chives, chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 9 ounces bocconcini mozzarella cheese, at room temperature, halved to yield 2 cups
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 ounce fresh Italian parsley, minced to yield 1/4 cup
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaf, chopped to yield 1/2 cup
- 12 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes, halved to yield 2 cups
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta, fusilli
- Whisk together vinegar, capers and garlic.
- Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Stir in herbs, mozzarella, and tomatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and drain pasta in a colander.
- Immediately add hot pasta and reserved cooking water to marinated mozzarella mixture.
- Let stand 1 minute to soften cheese.
- Gently toss pasta and cheese mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with pine nuts.
I used some ribbed macaroni that I already had, the entire family enjoyed this recipe and I'm sure we'll have it again
I reduced the amount of olive oils and used rotelle instead of Farfelle. This is a very "Italian" pasta salad.