Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My son's favorite summer salad. Very light and refreshing on hot days. You can make it with low fat mayo and yogurt if you wish for a low cal version, and you can basically substitute any kind of veggies you want.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagesmall shape pasta (wagon wheel, small shells etc.)
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions or till just al dente. Drain pasta.
- Combine the vegetables and pasta together in large bowl.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, fresh dill, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Fold into pasta mixture. Chill in fridge 2 hours or so or till ready to eat.
I thought this recipe was very good. My family liked it!