Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Creamy pasta salad with lots of flavor from all the fresh ingredients. I made it for a family potluck and it was a big hit, everyone loved it. The veggies can easily be substituted for whatever kind you like or have on hand. This just happened to be what I had in my fridge the day I made it.
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh parsley sprig, finely choppped
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 12 ounces fusilli (about 4 cups dry)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 green onion, chopped
- To make dressing: Combine milk, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring until smooth. Stir in finely chopped herbs. Gradually whisk in vinegar. Let stand for 10 minutes or until pasta is ready.
- To make salad: In large pot of boiling water, cook fusilli according to package. Drain pasta and rinse under running cold water until cool. In large bowl, combine pasta, veggies and dressing. Toss to coat and sprinkle with green onions. Allow to cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Very refreshing & enjoyable salad, & I particularly liked having the recipe right there for making the dressing! Also liked putting it together just the way you did! Will be making this more during the summer months, so my thanks for you sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]