Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
You can use cooked diced ham in place of the chicken, please don't omit the grapes, they really make this salad, but add them in just before serving so they will retain their crunch. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of 8 hours or 24 hours. Please adjust all amounts to suit taste, if you are a dill-lover then increase the amount, this can easily be doubled, I sometimes add in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese into the dressing but that is optional ;-)
- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups finely diced cheddar cheese
- 2 cups seedless grapes (halved and added in just before serving)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 -4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (more if desired to taste or use white salt to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain then rinse under cold water.
- Place the drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add in cooked chicken, green onions, celery and diced cheddar cheese; toss to combine.
- In a bowl mix together all dressing ingredients then pour over the pasta mixture; mix to combine.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 8 hours or 24 hours.
- When ready to serve mix in the grapes.
Very nice pasta salad. I think I'll use fresh dill next time though. The dried didn't have much flavor. :)