Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, but firm, 8 to 12 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Shake out excess water and toss pasta with oil.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley and basil.
- Place pasta in large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture, chicken, artichokes and tabasco.
- Toss well.
- Garnish with almonds.
- For a decorative presentation, serve in avacado halves, in tomato cups or on lettuce leaves.
This was a very easy, tasty salad for a hot summer night. I roasted some bone-in chicken breasts and shredded the meat for the salad and added a little extra hot sauce, to taste. I still think it needed a little oomph, so next time I'll try and season the dressing a bit more. I'm still not sure what it needed, but extra salt and pepper added at the end seemed to help. This is definitely something we'll make again!
This was delicious and hit the spot! I served it with avocado per one of the suggestions at the end of the recipe.
Used shrimp instead of chicken. Quite good. Will certainly make again.