Recipe by Jociecee
I love avocados and they are so good for you! This is a recipe adapted from Lindsey Williams' NeoSoul Cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time for the pasta.
Top Review by MissMarla
Very good pasta salad. Next day I had leftovers so I cooked some hamburger with taco seasoning and made it into a taco salad (added shredded cheese and sour cream and sliced black olives on top of each serving) Hubby LOVED it. Will definitely make this again.
- 453.59 g pasta, of your choice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Remove the cooked pasta,drain while running under cold water.
- Place pasta in a bowl and toss the pasta with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Chill the pasta in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
- Peel and cut one avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Mince the jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro.
- To make the dressing for the salad, combine the halved avocado, half of the chopped parsley, half of the cilantro, the lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed and add the 1 cup of olive oil in a steady stream until the mixture is creamy (resembling mayonnaise in consistency).
- If the dressing is too thick, add a little water to the blender to loosen it up.
- Set the dressing aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Peel 4 of the avocados, halve them, and remove the pits, and dice (I prefer larger chunks, so cut them to the size that you prefer).
- Dice the tomatoes and red onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled pasta, diced avocados, tomatoes, onion, and remaining parsley and cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the avocado dressing and mix well until all of the pasta mixture is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!