1/1 Photo of Pasta Salad With Avocado Dressing
I love avocados and they are so good for you! This is a recipe adapted from Lindsey Williams' NeoSoul Cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time for the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- 2Remove the cooked pasta,drain while running under cold water.
- 3Place pasta in a bowl and toss the pasta with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 4Chill the pasta in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
- 5Peel and cut one avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- 6Mince the jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves.
- 7Chop the parsley and cilantro.
- 8To make the dressing for the salad, combine the halved avocado, half of the chopped parsley, half of the cilantro, the lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender.
- 9Blend until all ingredients are well mixed and add the 1 cup of olive oil in a steady stream until the mixture is creamy (resembling mayonnaise in consistency).
- 10If the dressing is too thick, add a little water to the blender to loosen it up.
- 11Set the dressing aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- 12Peel 4 of the avocados, halve them, and remove the pits, and dice (I prefer larger chunks, so cut them to the size that you prefer).
- 13Dice the tomatoes and red onions.
- 14In a large bowl, combine the chilled pasta, diced avocados, tomatoes, onion, and remaining parsley and cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- 15Fold in the avocado dressing and mix well until all of the pasta mixture is well coated.
- 16Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Avocado Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g