1/1 Photo of Pasta Salad With Avocado and Chicken
Based on a Joy of Cooking recipe, I was looking for something to make with left-over rotisserie chicken and some avocado that needed to be used!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken, shredded (or cut into bite-side pieces)
- 1 avocado, diced (Hass avocado)
- 1 cup pasta, any small shape
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halves
- 1/4 cup onion, diced (Valdelia onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 4 leaves basil (approximately, minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used Black Olive Oil # 456736)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups mixed greens (to serve salad on)
- 1Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (not the lettuce/greens).
- 3Add dressing, toss and serve.
- 4Serve on bed of mixed greens.
- 5Garnish with crumbled feta cheese (optional).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad With Avocado and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.9
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: