Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a Joy of Cooking recipe, I was looking for something to make with left-over rotisserie chicken and some avocado that needed to be used!
- 1 cup chicken, shredded (or cut into bite-side pieces)
- 1 avocado, diced (Hass avocado)
- 1 cup pasta, any small shape
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halves
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (Valdelia onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 4 leaves basil (approximately, minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used Black Olive Oil # 456736)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups mixed greens (to serve salad on)
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (not the lettuce/greens).
- Add dressing, toss and serve.
- Serve on bed of mixed greens.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese (optional).
Very quick and easy! Made with leftover grilled chicken and whole grain pasta. I love avocado and this was a tasty salad to use it in. Made for My Three Chefs Tag.
The main beauty of a pasta salad is its flexability. They are multi-generational, ingredient-friendly & make-ahead easy-fixes - Popular for almost all occasions - And easily expand to allow for personal preferences. This one was near-perfect for us. I added black olives & was good-to-go. Served w/fruit only, it made a great dinner meal & I esp liked that it did not require any mayo that is common to most pasta salads. Congrats on another Football Pool win & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.