Recipe by LAKlosterman
Something I threw together one desperate day and now it's a staple at BBQ's,Pot-Luck, whenever we need an Easy Button.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This was a really nice recipe. I think the directions could be a little clearer regarding step #1. Once I read it I began to wonder if I was supposed to make up the dressing per the package instructions, which would require sour cream (not listed in ingredients). I chose to consider this an oversight & go with the ingredients listed. It turned out to be very well recieved. I personally did not like the taste of the frozen peas & will probably omit them next time. Also, I think that the addition of some cooked & crumbled bacon as well as a little garlic salt would make this recipe divine. Thanks for sharing, LA! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008.
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- 2 (1 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 -2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen baby peas
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 -3 tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the Ranch Dressing.(Iuse less milk because I like the dressing on the thick side).
- Cook the pasta al dente and cool.
- Defrost the peas.
- Slice the green onions.
- Seed and slice the tomatos.
- Slice the Black Olives.
- Mix it all together reserving about half of the Ranch. As this salad sets the pasta will absorb some of the dressing and can get a bit dry. Add more dressing as needed.