Ok, I dislike Italian Dressing (a lot) so, my brother-in-law shared this recipe with me and I loved it so much, I kept it. Not sure where he got it from. I just love the dressing because it is a lot smoother tasting than Italian dressing from the supermarket. Also, this is great for picnics/lunches because it does not contain any mayo and you can leave the cheese out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook, drain, and rinse (with cold water) the pasta.
- 2Mix pasta, vegetables, and cheese in a large bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings.
- 4Add oil/vinegar mixture to the pasta mixture until the pasta appears well-oiled. You may not need the entire amount however, save it. Many times, if you do not eat the pasta salad right away (or save leftovers in the fridge) you will want to add a little more oil mixture to the pasta - kind of freshens it up.
- 5Note: You can add whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. Also works great with roasted vegetables. Also, short noodles work better than long ones - ie: rotini is better than spaghetti - everything gets mixed up a lot better.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad (No Italian Dressing)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh mozzarella balls