Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent appetizer or lunch dish. We love this in the summer with fresh bread. From Cucina & Famiglia.
- 3⁄4 lb shell pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 7 ounces solid white tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs, boiled and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb smoked ham, cubed (optional)
- Cook pasta in pot of rapidly boiling and salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet to cool.
- In deep serving bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. add capers, olives, and roasted peppers. Do not drain tuna, but flake it with a fork. Add basil and parsley. Add cooled pasta and toss well. If desired add eggs and/or ham. Serve immediately.
Excellent full meal deal salad. I cut it back for 2 and DH and I had plenty for a late lunch, and I think we'll have a very light supper tonight. It's just yummy and not difficult to make. Made for PAC, Fall 2012.
Fantastic! Made this tonight for an informal get-together/buffet... Ended up printing your recipe since so many people were inquiring! Thank you for wowing a fussy person like me -- let alone a whole crowd!