Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kids enjoy eating this and it is convenient for people to eat at a potluck. It does take time to put this together, but the presentation is lovely.
- Cook the cheese tortellini, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Put the cooked tortellini, artichoke pieces, tomatoes, olives, broccoli and salami in separate containers.
- Add Italian dressing to each of the containers and stir to mix.
- Let the ingredients marinate for 1 hour.
- The salami should marinate in the fridge.
- When ready to make up the kabobs, take wooden skewers and thread them with the 6 ingredients (five if you want the kabobs to be vegetarian without the salami).
- You can vary what you put on the kabobs to make each one slightly different, or you can make each of them the same.
- To put the salami on the skewers, lightly fold each slice in half and then punch the skewer through the meat.
- As you finish the kabobs, put them in something like a one-layer cake pan (9" x 13").
- Cover the pan and chill in the fridge until serving time.
- You can do a similar kind of kabob using different kinds of fruit.