Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an often requested item at our house. It's especially loved by my daughter, who loves noodles and has to tote her lunch often. She also loves salads, so this fits the bill nicely. Go ahead and add or subtract veggies liberally--it's so easy to make this your own specialty!
- 1 lb pasta (wagon wheel or "little flower" pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces hard salami
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and de-stemmed
- assorted fresh vegetable (chopped romaine, green or red pepper, italian green beans, sugar snap peas, broccoli or cauliflower)
- Boil pasta according to package directions, making sure to keep it more to the firm side of cooked. No salt is needed, as the other ingredients have plenty.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water to cool; drain again and place in large mixing bowl.
- Cut mozzarella and salami into uniform small cubes, and add to pasta.
- Slice (or halve) olives, add to the bowl, along with tomatoes and any (or none)of the other vegetable choices.
- Pour salad dressing over all and toss to coat. Tastes great if allowed to rest in refrigerator for at least two hours.