1 hr 15 mins
This is a slightly different pasta salad that will serve a crowd! When I make this, I usually "wing it", the list of ingredients and quantities are only a guide (its my family's preference). Please feel free to adapt it to your own personal taste...leave out what you don't like, add what you do like and adjust the amounts accordingly. Experiment and have fun making it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen tri-colored cheese tortellini
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 can cannellini beans or 1 can pink beans or 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb button mushrooms or 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 2 -4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 4 -6 fresh roma tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen italian green beans, thawed and drained (or fresh ones, blanched)
- 2 roasted bell peppers, sliced or diced
- 1 can black pitted olive, drained
- 1 jar stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 -2 large fresh sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets (raw or blanched)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (raw or blanched)
- 5 -10 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 2 cups diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups sharp provolone cheese, cut into thin sticks (or your favorite sharp cheese)
- 2 -3 cups pepperoni or 2 -3 cups genoa salami, cut into chunks (or both)
- 2 -4 pepperoncini peppers, seeded and sliced (Italian vinegar peppers)
- 1/4-1/2 cup pignolis (pine nuts)
- 2 -3 cups of your favorite Italian salad dressing
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- italian seasoning
- 1Combine artichoke hearts, mushrooms, cannelli beans, black beans, green beans, sun dried tomatoes and about 1 cup of dressing in a large sized bowl, toss well, cover bowl and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2In a large pot, boil water for tortellini and cook according to package directions, do not overcook them.
- 3While pasta is cooking, chop, seed and drain all vegetables, as indicated.
- 4Drain cooked tortellini and rinse under cold water until pasta is cool.
- 5Place pasta in a large bowl, and toss with enough dressing to coat.
- 6Cover and refrigerate pasta.
- 7Continue preparing the remaining vegetables, cheeses and meats.
- 8When all is prepared, mix marinated vegetable/bean mixture and dressing into the pasta and toss to combine all.
- 9Add everything else except fresh tomatoes and mix well.
- 10Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 11Just before serving, add fresh tomatoes and toss to mix.
- 12Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference, add additional dressing if salad seems dry.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad "Italian Style"
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 838.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: