1 hr 15 mins
Cheri B's Note:
Large bowl full of Delicious Italian pasta salad. This salad has lots of YUM to it. I'm ask for this recipe all the time, and can only say well this is what I start with, them add more seasoning to my own taste. But this is a good start on the spices, and ingredients are always subject to change to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri colored pasta rotini pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil, for water
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package Good Seasons salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces pesto sauce, Safeway Select
- 1 lb salami, genoni salami thin sliced- julienned
- 1/2 lb pepperoni, if desired sliced
- 1 lb provolone cheese, thin sliced into strips, julienned
- 1 whole yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 whole red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 6 whole green onions, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces black olives (chopped or sliced)
- 3 whole celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 4 cups grape tomatoes or 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1Boil 2 quarts water, add salt,2 tablespoons oil and pasta. Cook to not quite done-al dente. Then drain do not rinse. when not quite cooled but not HOT, place in LARGE bowl.
- 2While pasta is cooking make good seasons dressing using dry mix, rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons water and 1/2 cup EVOO.
- 3Add pesto to dressing, mix well.
- 4Add pesto mix to pasta toss lightly.
- 5Add salami and pepperoni; toss lightly.
- 6Let pasta cool.
- 7When cool add cheese, peppers, onion, olives celery.
- 8Salt and pepper, toss, and then let set to dissolve salt and then taste.
- 9Add oregano if desired to taste, you may want more basil add now.
- 10Tomatoes (use 2 10-12 oz deli packs). Cut the tomatoes in half and add to salad.
- 11Cool overnight or several hours.
- 12Notes: Cut meats, cheese and peppers about the same size as your pasta, for looks and easier eating. I do not like green peppers or I would add them also, they would look great and add interesting flavor.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Salad for the Bunch
Serving Size: 1 (4971 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 1068.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Good Seasons salad dressing mix