Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My best friend and I make this at all our summer get togethers. We just can't get enough of it!
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained (I use Rotini)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (I have used regular mustard if I am out of dry)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix and let stand overnight.
- Optional ingredients include: Grated cheese, black olives, red pepper, ham, and broccoli.
This recipe is excellant. I make a double batch and split with my parents. I've made it probably 15 times in the past yr.It never goes to waste. Its a fav at cookouts and easy to make. I'm so glad I found this because I always turn away from pasta salad that are made with italian dressing this one is definately a keeper.
This was a delicious pasta salad although a bit on the sweet side. You can definitely decrease the amount of sugar and it would still be wonderful.
Looked a littly bitty too sweet for my taste buds, therefore I only used 1 cup of sugar - turned out great. A good choice for a BBQ night.