Recipe by Theresa Proctor
This recipe is from my cousin, but I'm unsure of where she received it. It's good for family picnics or get togethers during the summer, but it's just as good for the rest of the year too.
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) jar green olives
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as specified on the box.
- Cool off pasta before using by running it under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, making sure to coat well with oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Put in fridge.
- It tastes better the longer the ingredients soak together, but it can be eaten right away.