A colorful pasta salad full of flavor. Always a favorite at gatherings!!!!
Make and share this Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne pasta
- 2 bottles kraft house Italian salad dressing (it must be this exact type or it won't taste the same!)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced roma tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 (6 ounce) containerof shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- Boil pasta, drain well.
- Chop all vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Mix pasta in with vegetables.
- Add both cheeses, mix well.
- Add salad dressing-- usually requires 1 bottle.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Add fresh salad dressing with each serving.
I used a pound of mini penne and only one bottle of dressing. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then I didn't add the onion, salt, pepper or garlic powder. I didn't measure my pepper and cucs either. I just added two peppers and two cucumbers. We all enjoyed this.
I used 1lb of the pasta (that's what size the container is where I live??) Anyway, I also used 1 pint of grape tomato cut in halves, I used a whole seedless cucumber, a whole green pepper, 1 can of lack olives 1/2 sliced and 1/2 chopped, 1 container of kraft shredded parm, asiago & romano cheese. I couldn't find "house" italian so I used zesty. We never even had to open the second bottle of dressing. I think it may be because I had less pasta and way more veges than were called for, but it was great this way. Wonderful recipe, try it with extra veges and less pasta!
This was great. The flavor was wonderful. I did forget to put the seasonings in and it still came out just right. The next day, with the leftovers I sauted up some cubed chicken breasts, then added the leftover pasta salad, extra dressing and cheese and had a whole new dinner. Great way to use up the leftovers.