Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fantastic as a cold dish for our hot days in Singapore!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag penne pasta
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup semi sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 10 pieces garlic, finely sliced (in food processor)
- 1 cup fresh sweet basil (torn into large pieces)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the penne till al dente. Drain, coat with a little olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shredded carrots, tomatoes and olive oil and mix well.
- Sliced garlic to be sautéed in olive oil in low heat till garlic is soft but not brown.
- Add the sautéed garlic into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and finally add lots of fresh basil. Mix together.
- Serve cool.
- Important note: Do not wash pasta in cold water. It is a very unnatural thing for the pasta and will alter the texture of it. Always drain and add a little olive oil to 'loosen' it.
- Never, never, never rinse pasta in tap water!